Top 10 Things to do in Minden
Lynn Dorsey, Executive Director
Webster Parish Convention and Visitor Bureau
Nov. 8, 2016
- Nov. 4-5 – Main to Main Trade Days, fifty miles of food, fun and shopping from Springhill to Sibley and everywhere in-between. For more information visit www.visitwebster.net or call (318)377-4240.
- Nov. 19 – Minden’s Fifth Season Fasching Celebration. Celebrating Minden’s German Heritage and All Things German”, this event offers German food, beer gardens, live German music, a carnival, Santa, arts and crafts, and more. It also kicks off the Old World Christmas Lights Spectacular featured at dusk every night through New Year’s Day in historic downtown Minden. For more information visit www.visitwebster.net or call (318)377-4240.
- . Nov. 19 – Minden’s Old World Christmas Lights Spectacular during Louisiana’s Holiday Trail of Lights. The City of Minden kicks off this regional holiday event in historic downtown Minden on November 19. The switch will be flipped at dusk each night to illuminate thousands of twinkling Christmas lights throughout the city. Over 100 life-size nutcrackers on display promote Minden’s German heritage and add to the Old World charm of this historic city. The lights will remain on until January 6, 2017. For more information go to www.visitwebster.net or call (318)377-4240.
- Nov. 26 – Springhill Main Street “Christmas on Main”. Get free photos taken with Santa while Santa and Mrs. Claus visit with children at his workshop on Main Street. For more information call (318)539-5681.
- Nov. 26 – Springhill’s Annual Christmas Parade begins at 5:00 PM at the old Springhill High School. For more information, call the Springhill Chamber at (318)539-4717.
- Dec. 3 – Minden’s Christmas Tour of Homes will be held from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM. This year’s tour will include four historic homes on Broadway never offered on tour to the public before. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased in advance by calling Becky White at (318)377-2144 or purchased on location the day of the tour.
- Dec. 3 – Christmas on Main will be held in historic downtown Minden from 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM. Take advantage of the many shopping specials from local merchants as you enjoy Christmas Carolers. Santa Claus will be there too, along with The Grinch, for photographs and selfies. For more information call Becky White at (318)377-2144.
- Dec. 3 – Minden’s Annual Christmas Parade, sponsored by the Minden Evening Lions Club, will be held at 5:30 PM in historic downtown. For more information visit www.visitwebster.net or call Tommy McMurray at (318)426-2952
- Dec. 3 – Sarepta’s Christmas Festival will be held in the town square of Sarepta. Enjoy the chili cook-off, live entertainment, car show and much more. For more information call (318)847-4333.
- Dec. 17 – “Ham Fest” sponsored by the Minden Amateur Radio Association will be held at the Minden Civic, 520 Broadway from 9:00 AM -4:00 PM. VE Testing, special classes, door prizes and great food. For more information contact Virginia Watson at (318)294-0238.