Media Contact: Chris Jay
Public Relations/Social Media Manager
(800) 551-8682 ext. 140
Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau
October 28, 2016
Top 10 December on the Red Experiences – Shreveport-Bossier, LA
Eating your way through Shreveport-Bossier
Want a tasteful gift for your family and friends? Head to these well-known spots for great food and unique gifts under one roof.
- Biscotti’s at Lewis Gifts. Eat. Southern favorites like fried green tomatoes and shrimp and grits, as well as creative sandwiches, salads and paninis. Shop. Candles, keepsakes, clothing, fine art prints, kitchen accessories, and more. 318-865-4606. 5807 Youree Dr., Shreveport. www.lewisgifts.com
- The Chocolate Crocodile. Eat. Hand-crafted chocolates and fresh confectionary, including chocolate-dipped strawberries candied apples in dozens of varieties. Shop. Freshly made desserts, including the giant “Monster Croc” candied apples, and other packaged candies for gifts. 318-742-3316. Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets, 460 Boardwalk Blvd., Bossier City. www.theChocolateCrocodile.com
- Ralph & Kacoos. Eat. Feast on Cajun cuisine and seafood platters, as well as salads, steaks and pasta. Shop. Louisiana, Cajun and Mardi Gras gifts and souvenirs in the False River Camp Gift Shop. 318-747-6660. 1700 Old Minden Rd., Bossier City. www.RalphandKacoos.com
Play your way through Shreveport-Bossier
Whether you have one day or one week, there are plenty of fun things to see and do during the Christmas season in the northwest Louisiana sister cities.
- Weekends – Nov. 25-Dec. 18 – Christmas in Roseland is the signature event in Shreveport-Bossier. The American Rose Center transforms into a winter wonderland featuring holiday lighted displays, Christmas carolers, giant Christmas cards and pictures with Santa on Fridays through Sundays each weekend starting Nov 25. 8877 Jefferson Paige Rd., Shreveport. www.ars.org
- Dec. 3 – Christmas on Caddo Fireworks will explode with family fun and entertainment. The festival offers food, live music and the most spectacular fireworks display in north Louisiana. 11425 LA Highway 1, Oil City. www.ChristmasonCaddoFireworks.com.
- Dec. 10 – The Town of Benton gets festive for the holidays and visitors can enjoy a parade, food booths, live music, children’s entertainment area, photos with Santa and more. Heritage Village Square. 414 Sibley St., Benton. www.BentonChristmasontheSquare.com
- Nov. 26 – Rockets Over the Red Fireworks Festival is a fireworks extravaganza that has entertainment, food, and things for kids to do at the Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets in Bossier City and Riverview Park in downtown Shreveport. www.rocketsoverthered.com
- Dec. 11 – The Logan Mansion is a beautiful antebellum home that will be all decked out for Christmas. Visitors will get an up close and personal tour of the 1897 Queen Ann Victorian home. 318-459-2285. 725 Austin Pl., Shreveport. www.theloganmansion.com
- Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets. What you’ll find: Enough shopping to weigh your car down and plenty of dining options to fill your time. There is a diverse offering of retail outlets including Levi’s, Banana Republic, Carter’s, Nike Factory Store and many more. Some of the restaurants include Copeland’s Cheesecake Bistro, Fuddrucker’s and more. 318-752-1455. 540 Boardwalk Blvd., Bossier City. www.LouisianaBoardwalk.com
- Line Avenue Shopping District. What you’ll find: A five-mile treasure trove of unique gifts and some of the best in boutique shopping with more than 75 boutiques, antique stores, speciality shopping, shoe stores and more throughout neighborhood shopping centers such as Pierremont Mall, Towne Oak Square and Uptown Shopping Center. Line Avenue. Shreveport.
For a complete list of things to see and do in Shreveport-Bossier during the holidays visit www.SBFunGuide.com. To request a Holly Jolly Guide or Official Shreveport-Bossier Visitors Guide call 800-551-8682 or go online and request them at www.Shreveport-Bossier.org.